Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

CHANGE.

What used to be a term for the change you got back out of a fiver, or the inevitable change of seasons, or a change in attitude has become the MOST cliche word in the world - especially used in politics. HOWEVER. The entire 2008 Presidential Campaign was based on this CHANGE. Here it is... January 20th. Barry, er, I mean Barach Hussein Obama was sworn in among the bumbling. And no, instant gratification of change hasn't occured. Nothing has really, except the (sad) exit of the Bushes. How poignant. Little mover elves pack 8 years of your life up and have it in trucks as the helicopter pulls up to take you to your new home... a home that GW hasn't even seen yet. Kinda interesting. Enter the Obamas. I'll be the first to say that I did not vote for Barack... I voted strongly for the Palin/McCain clan. I'll also be the first to tell you... America voted - and we have a new President. Let's respect that. There were alot of things with Bush that I didn't agree with... but I still respect the man. I wouldn't even mind having dinner with he and Laura.

HOPE. That is what I have for the next four years, maybe even eight. If he does nothing more than soothe egos, and create accountability for folks... so be it. I am however, hopeful that some sort of change will come... I know it won't be in the reform of healthcare (which would take more than 8 years to reform), removal of soliders in Iraq (that is just not smart), Jobs for all (again, not going to happen), fix the economy (maybe we will get out of the self imposed recession... then again, I did see two brand new Lexus' on the highway yesterday... and an hour long line at a mexican resteraunt).

I'm excited to see what is in store.

No comments: