Really. REALLY?!?!
It's 2010. No longer a '0-anything.
Which means many many things:
- My 10 year reunion in this year. yikes.
- I'm a married woman now. and will be celebrating 4 years with my Ryan P. Patrick in march.
- I'll be 28 this year. (This getting to thirty thing is seriously taking forever!)
- I have maintained a majority of my friends that I have made here.
- I moved here 5 years ago. 5 years.
- My car is now 10 years old.... and I cringe still at every ding.
- I still have my vision (for the most part) 9 years later... that's a blessing in itself. Thanks, Dr. Knowles!
Every year, millions of people make resolutions for this, to get thin, to get fat, to save more, spend less, be nicer, be whatever. How about just being? Living each day as full as you can make it?
In May of last year, I did something I told myself I would never do - I became a staff member of the organization in which I had given many years of my life to as a girl and as an adult volunteer. That decision not only gained me employment, it changed me. For once in my life I am motivated (most of the time) and challenged (sometimes to the point of quitting... but still).
Life is good. I cannot complain.
Here is to 2010 and to living each day the best that I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment