Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Torments

Here I am again... job searching and finding nothing really. For ever 40-50 resumes put "out there" will result in one ONE call back. In this economy, I'll be lucky to find a job by the time I"m out of unemployment, let alone by the time my wedding rolls around. SO... I went to the county career services place last week... and the lady there told me that I should stay in engineering because I'm a woman, and I have alot of good experience. First off. THat just makes me really really mad. Because I am a woman shouldn't be the factor for me to do anything in life. Secondly, when I tell her I want to get out of it... you'd think that there'd be a valid reason for me wanting to leave a profession that I have not only went to school for, but also worked for the past 10 years in. AHHHHHHHH! If only I were a millionare ... I could start my own company... or go back to school and hang...

(((I'm sitting here at Tappan Hall at Miami University with Maggie, Sean's girl. She rocks. Period. I can say that I love MU. I have spent more time on this campus than that of my time at my alma mater, Toledo. )))

No comments: